NRA accuses White House of ‘attack’ on 2nd Amendment rights

by
January 11, 2013

Wayne LaPierre
The National Rifle Association said Thursday it was “disappointed” by its meeting Thursday with Vice President Biden, accusing the Obama administration of using the time to “attack the Second Amendment.”

The statement, issued shortly after the conclusion of the conference, deflated any prospect of an unlikely alliance between the White House and the gun lobby group as President Obama looks to push a set of new gun regulations in the coming month.

It also likely signals that the NRA will oppose any legislative attempt to change federal gun laws in the coming Congress.
“We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment,” the group said in its statement.

“While claiming that no policy proposals would be ‘prejudged,’ this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners — honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans.”

The president vowed a renewed push on the subject of gun violence after 20 six- and seven-year-olds were killed in a mass shooting last month at a Connecticut elementary school. Seven adults were also killed in the rampage.

No comments yet - you can be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

?>

Keep the Fake News Media in check.

Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!

We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.
View our full privacy policy.

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Google Analytics Alternative