A crowd of demonstrators briefly shut down Charlotte’s Interstate 277 Friday evening as a fourth night of protests over the shooting of a black man by police unfolded.
An estimated 300 protesters took to the streets, leaving the freeway within a short time. Earlier Friday, they gathered at a park and then marched through Charlotte’s business district.
One marcher carried a sign that said “Just Stop The Killing,” while another had a banner that said “Just Release the Tapes.” Protesters have sought the release of police footage of the shooting earlier this week of Keith Lamont Scott by a police officer.
National Guard members posted in front of many downtown buildings watched the demonstrators marching.
Three previous nights of protests included two that were chaotic, with more than a dozen officers wounded and one other person killed. But Thursday, people marched through downtown in a largely peaceful protest.
Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!
We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.