The State Department put a hold on the Keystone XL pipeline application Friday, delaying the controversial project until after a Nebraska court case is concluded and once again halting the controversial project that has dogged President Obama’s second term.
A Nebraska judge ruled earlier this year that the state cut corners in its permitting process for the pipeline, which left the project in limbo there, even as the federal government was still considering whether to approve the pipeline.
Keystone would bring crude oil from Canada’s oil shale deposits into the U.S. for refinement. Critics fear the environmental repercussions, while advocates said it would be a major economic and energy boost.
“Here’s the single greatest shovel-ready project in America — one that could create thousands of jobs right away — but the president simply isn’t interested,” Sen. Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, said after Friday’s decision. “Apparently radical activists carry more weight than Americans desperate to get back on the job. More jobs left behind in the Obama economy.”
Other critics focused on the geopolitical significance of the decision, amid the energy-fueled fights between Russia and Eastern Europe.
Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!
We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.