Syria unrest: Damascus delays Arab League chief’s visit

by
September 7, 2011

BBC News

Syria has made a last-minute request for the Arab League chief to delay his planned visit aimed at pressing for an end to Damascus’ crackdown on protests.

Syria asked Nabil al-Arabi to put off Wednesday’s visit “due to circumstances beyond our control”, the official Sana news agency said.

Mr Arabi had been expected to outline Arab proposals to halt Syria’s clampdown and also launch reforms.

Meanwhile, Syrian security services reportedly killed at least two people.

Syrian activists said a 15-year-old boy was among those killed in the flashpoint central province of Homs on Tuesday.

The activists also said that another five bodies were found in the province.

Access to Syria has been severely restricted for international journalists, and it is rarely possible to verify accounts by witnesses and activists.

The government of President Bashar al-Assad has repeatedly stated that it is tackling organised gangs.

To read more, visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14815638

 

No comments yet - you can be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep the Fake News Media in check.

Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!

We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.
View our full privacy policy.