Georgia’s Stacey Abrams refuses to concede, says victory ‘within reach’

by
November 7, 2018

636731343998743311-092118stacey-abrams

Democrat Stacey Abrams said early Wednesday morning that she’s not conceding the Georgia governor’s race despite Republican candidate Brian Kemp’s lead.

“I’m here to tell you tonight that votes remain to be counted,” Abrams told her supporters in Atlanta.

Kemp is leading Abrams by more than two percentage points – 50.6 percent to 48.5 percent – with 97 percent of precincts reporting.

The Democrat’s campaign believes there are enough outstanding votes to trigger a run-off election in the state. If neither candidate earns more than 50 percent of the vote, then they will head for a Dec. 4 runoff — the first general election gubernatorial runoff in the state’s history.

1 Comment - what are your thoughts?

  • Stan Lee says:

    Kemp is reported to have 50.6 % of the votes counted. On what basis does S.Abrams refuse to recognize the vote count for Kemp? Or, do she have positive proof that votes for her were not counted? If votes weren’t counted for her, as she states, it is also possible that votes for Kemp were likewise not counted? 97% of precincts have been counted, does that preclude counting the remaining 3% of precincts in Georgia? Why not count 100% of precincts? It is no wonder that Abrams would complain, she still sees hope if all precincts voting is counted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Keep the Fake News Media in check.

Don’t let the MSM censor your news as America becomes Great Again. Over 500,000 Americans receive our daily dose of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness along with Breaking News direct to their inbox—and you can too. Sign up to receive news and views from The 1776Coalition!

We know how important your privacy is and your information is SAFE with us. We’ll never sell
your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time directly from your inbox.
View our full privacy policy.